Hallelujah, summer is finally here!
I have been shocked by how chaotic the June weather in Colorado has been. We have had hail, tornados, and 80-degree days in one week. It felt like summer would never arrive, but I am happy to announce we have finally seen the sun. We spent the weekend swimming and reading by the pool, so I couldn’t be happier as I reach the end of my pregnancy. I will be 36 weeks tomorrow, and my days have definitely slowed down.
Lately, I’ve been reading up on French culture and learned about le goûter. Le goûter is the concept of enjoying a late afternoon snack. I loved the concept and decided I should bake something easy. My latest pregnancy craving has been Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, which did not disappoint! So, pull out your tea kettle and start preheating the oven because this recipe is the perfect pair for your le goûter…
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 8 tbsp. Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1 and ½ cup Flour
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- ⅔ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- Ahead of time, allow the eggs and butter to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Then, butter and flour in a bread loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar. Add two lightly beaten eggs.
- In that same bowl, add the vanilla extract and then mash the bananas until they reach the consistency of chunky applesauce. Mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Thoroughly mix.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient bowl and mix but don't over mix.
- Fold in 3/4 cup chocolate chips, then transfer to the pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate over the top.
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let banana bread rest for 15 min before cutting a slice.
- Bon appétit!