This Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Soup did not disappoint. The combination of buffalo and ranch makes the perfect pair of creamy and zesty. I would not call this dish crazy spicy, but adding more buffalo sauce can make it as spicy as you need. I had it ready before my workday started. This year, I am trying to incorporate more slow cooker meals because I absolutely love low effort and tasty meals!
Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Soup
This one pot (slow cooker) meal is perfect for anyone on the go! No sauteing needed! It's the perfect twist on the traditional chicken tortilla soup. I would not call this dish crazy spicy but you can make it as spicy as you need by adding more buffalo sauce.
- Slow Cooker
- 1.25 lbs. Chicken Breasts Boneless, Skinless
- 1 (14 oz.) Can Diced Tomatoes Undrained (We used fire roasted but you can sub in non-spicy tomatoes)
- 1 (15 oz.) Can Black Beans Drained
- 1 (14 oz.) Can Cream Style Corn Undrained
- 1 (8 oz.) Can Tomato Sauce
- ¼ Cup Ranch Salad Dressing
- 3 tbsp. Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 1 (1 oz.) Packet Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 (1.25 oz.) Packet Taco Seasoning
- Your Favorite Shredded Cheese To Garnish
- Chopped Green Onions To Garnish
- Crushed Tortilla Chips To Garnish
- In your slow cooker, add in your drained black beans, undrained diced tomatoes, undrained cream style corn, tomato sauce, buffalo sauce, ranch salad dressing, ranch seasoning, taco seasoning, and thawed chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once cooking time is complete, shred the chicken and add it back to the slow cooker. Thoroughly mix.
- When you are ready to serve, chop the green onion, shred the cheese if needed, and crush the tortilla chips to garnish.
- Serve and enjoy! If you'd like a bit more spicy buffalo flavor, drizzle more into each bowl.
For side recommendations: This soup pairs well with fresh bread and a side salad.
Leave a Reply